Codification and the Rise of Modern Civil Law |
Read more Read less. No customer reviews. Share your thoughts with other customers. Write a customer review.
Codification of Environmental Law. Major Challanges and Options
Discover the best of shopping and entertainment with Amazon Prime. Reference details.
Open print view. Location: RBIB. Universiteitstraat 4 verdieping 1 Gent. View on Google Maps.
- The Struggle for European Private Law.
- Beyond Quality in Early Childhood Education and Care: Languages of Evaluation 2nd Edition!
- The Existence of God.
- Master Math: Trigonometry.
- Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 1999: Film, Television, Radio, Theatre, Dance, Music, Cartoons and Pop Culture;
- Schaums Outline of Computer Architecture!
- Age of Codification and Legal Modernization in Private Law - Oxford Handbooks.
View library. You are free to copy, distribute and use the database; to produce works from the database; to modify, transform and build upon the database. As long as you attribute the data sets to the source, publish your adapted database with ODbL license, and keep the dataset open don't use technical measures such as DRM to restrict access to the database.
The datasets are also available as weekly exports.
- Working the Crowd: Social Media Marketing for Business (2nd Edition).
- The Struggle for European Private Law!
- The Colony by F.G. Cottam!
- Product | Regional Private Laws and Codification in Europe.
- Civil law (legal system) - Wikipedia;
- About The Struggle for European Private Law.
- Remote Sensing for Ecology and Conservation: A Handbook of Techniques (Techniques in Ecology and Conservation).
NL EN. More about Civil law Codification.
A Critique of Codification
Europe Civil law Europe. Faculty library of law and criminology Open print view. This monograph considers the codification project in light of a series of broader analytical frameworks — comparative, historical and constitutional — which make modern codification phenomena intelligible. This new reading across fields renders the European codification project currently being promoted through the Common Frame of Reference and the Optional Sales Law Code proposal vulnerable to constitutionally-grounded criticism, traceable to normative considerations of private law authority and legitimacy. Arguing that modern codification phenomena are more complex than positivist, socio-legal and historical approaches have suggested over the past two centuries, the book stages a pathbreaking method of analysis of the law-discourse nomos -centred which questions at once the reduction of private law to legislation and of law to power and, on this basis, redefines the ways in which to counter law's disintegration and crisis in the context of Europeanisation.
Professor Niglia reconstructs the European codification project as a complex structure of government-in-the-making that embodies a set of contingent world views, excludes alternatives, challenges the plurality of private laws and entrenches conflicts that pertain not only to form codification, de-codification, recodification but also to dilemmas implicated in determining the substantive orientation of European private law.
The book investigates the position of the codifiers and their discontents in the shadow of the codification strategy pursued by the European Commission — noting a new turn in the struggle over the configuration of private law which has taken place since the Savigny-Thibaut dispute of which this book critically revisits exactly two centuries later.
- Regional Private Laws And Codification in Europe;
- International Encyclopedia of Human Geography, Twelve-Volume Set: Volume 7.
- Search for Paradise!